[Ed.-- Weirdly, they don't want an entertainment law LLM to negotiate their contracts. Must be an oversight.]
Looking for an experienced Film Distribution Contracts Paralegal to
support Business Affairs and Legal. We are a worldwide Distribution
company with a library of of 500 titles that licenses all available
rights: Theatrical, DVD, Television, VOD and Ancillary.
Candidate mus have working knowledge of License Agreements, Royalty
Reports and FilmTrack or other Rights Management Database experience.
Responsibilities to include:
• Drafting of contracts for distribution, worldwide, domestic, and sales international
• Draft IFTA Multiple Rights License Agreements and Admendments
• Follow up on Royalties per Agreements terms, including Digital deals
• Initiating IFTA Arbitration and attending if necessary
• Handling SAG matters
• Handling delivery process of legal documentation to distributors
• Management of Rights through the FilmTrack database, entering all contracts to ensure proper Avails and running Avail Reports.
• Assisting Sales Department to acquire Producer approvals
• Assisting Accounting Department in reporting to Producers
• Monthly and Quarterly scanning and emailing Producer their Reports
SALES AGENCY AGREEMENTS:
• Assisting in drafting of Sales Agency Agreements with Producers
• General Office Duties (i.e. Filing, Coping, Answering Phones) & assist CEO.
• Ideal candidate MUST have at least 3-6 Years experience with
Entertainment law or paralegal experience preferably media, broadcast or
the entertainment industry.
• Must type at least 80-100wpm and team oriented and work some OT
• Must have strong computer skills in MS Office, Outlook, and Rights Management Database
• Strong oral and written communication skills and attention to detail
• Ability to work within deadlines, exercise good judgement and maintain client confidentially
Candidate MUST have at least 6 Years experience with major Entertainment
law firm or motion picture company handling substantially all of the
Competitive salary (commensurate with experience)
At noted above, this position requires substantial experience handling
all of the above matters. This is NOT an entry level JD position and
PLEASE no phone calls.